- Q. I have never heard of you guys, who is Kowa?
- A. Kowa was founded in Japan in 1892 and has been manufacturing sporting optics since 1952. Our parent company, Kowa, works in a variety of industries including pharmaceuticals, chemicals, textiles, real estate and more. Kowa American Corporation is headquartered in New York, New York and the Torrance, California branch focuses on ophthalmic diagnostic equipment, machine vision and factory automation lenses, and of course, sporting optics.
- Q. How is it pronounced?
- A. "koh-wuh"
- Q. I lost the cap to my ____, where can I buy another?
- A. If the part is still in stock, we are happy to send one replacement at no cost within the US and Canada. Please email email@example.com with your name, mailing address, and missing part information, and a replacement cap will be mailed via USPS. Additional sets or caps can be purchased at a cost.
- Q. What is "PROMINAR"?
- A. Kowa's PROMINAR line of products all feature enhanced optical lenses such as Pure Fluorite Crystal or XD - eXtra-low dispersion - glass. Kowa's PROMINAR Pure Fluorite Crystal is grown in-house and hand polished in our Japanese factory. Pure Fluorite Crystal can be found in Kowa's TSN-880 spotting scope series and PROMINAR High Lander binoculars. Kowa's PROMINAR XD glass carry similar properties to Pure Fluorite and can be found in the TSN-770 and TSN-660 spotting scope series, Genesis series and BD-XD series binoculars.
- Q. What is Kowa's Warranty Policy?
- A. Kowa offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty, subject to normal wear and tear, to its original owner when purchased from an Authorized North American Kowa dealer or online retailer. A product registration form must be completed within 30 days of purchase. To view our full warranty policy, please click here.
- Q. Which is better, a binocular or spotting scopes?
- ・Both eyes are used to look through a binocular while one eye is used to look through a spotting scope.
・Generally, spotting scopes have a much higher magnification than binoculars, so far away images appear larger.
But a better three-dimentional image can be expected from binoculars, and they are easier to handle and have better portability.
- Q. Where I can purchase your products?
- Please visit our Dealer Locator to find a retailer near you. Our products may also be purchased online through major optics retailers. Products must be purchased through Authorized Dealers and Retailers in order to receive Kowa American Corporation's Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Q. Do you offer special discounts for guides, outfitters, government employees or prostaff?
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our Contact Us form and we will contact you directly.
- Q. I am interested in becoming a dealer, what do I have to do?
- Please email us at email@example.com or fill out our Contact Us form, and a Sales Manager will contact you directly. You may also call us at (310) 327-1913 or toll-free (800) 966-5692 between our normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST.
- Q. My scope needs to be serviced, what do I need to do?
- The repair process begins with the issuance of an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. To obtain an RMA#, please give our Sporting Optics Repair a call at (310) 327-1913 or toll-free (800) 966-5692 between our normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST. We will require your name, mailing address, and billing address - if different, phone number, email, and scope/binoculars model and serial number. The total repair time is generally 2-3 weeks from the time the product is received assuming all parts are in stock. No work is completed without prior consent and approval, including valid credit card information if applicable. Please see our warranty policy for additional details on the Repair Process.
- Q. I live in another country, can I still buy your products?
- Please visit our other Kowa websites to find additional information.
For Kowa Europe, please visit www.kowaproducts.com.
For Kowa Japan, please visit www.kowa-prominar.com.